By Travis Jarome, Director of Athletic Strategic Communications
Timothee Legaud clinches match at number four singles
MONTGOMERY, Ala. | Alabama State stayed undefeated on the weekend with a 4-0 victory Southern at the Olean Black Underwood Tennis Center on Sunday afternoon as part of the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Pod II. Alabama State (5-5, 4-1 SWAC) swept the three singles matches that were concluded and were leading in two others when the match was concluded.
The Hornets conclude play in the Pod on Monday morning.
- Alabama State needed to just win one match after winning at number three by default, and they picked up the point when the number two team of Urska Velec (Maribor, Slovenia) and Sahra Bouchaala (Aix-En-Provence, France) picked up a 6-1 victory.
- The Hornets were also winning at number one doubles 4-1 when the point was decided.
- Alabama State took a 2-0 overall lead in the match when Bea Acena (Dubai, UAE) won by default at number six, before taking a 3-0 overall lead when Ana Tarbujaru (Ramnicu Valcea, Romania) picked up a 6-2, 6-0 victory over Trinyty Turner.
- The match was decided when Timothee Legaud (Severac, France) won at number four singles with a 6-2, 6-0 victory over Southern’s Nandi Munyulwa.
- Alabama State concludes play in the SWAC Pod II with a match against Alcorn State on Monday morning at 10 am at the Olean Black Underwood Tennis Center.