By Brian Howard
MONROE, La. | The Grambling State University women’s tennis team picked up its first victory of the season with a 7-0 victory over Nicholls on Saturday afternoon.
– Grambling State (1-1) swept all three doubles matches as the teams of Brittney Combest and Lungile Ntuli; Itzel Hernandez and Ana Ochoa; Claire Machisa and Takudzwa Mawisire earned victories.
– The Lady earned victories at all six singles spots to cruise to the win
– Brittney Combest won by retirement at No. 1
– Lungile Ntuli defeated Jessie Mount, 6-2, 6-1, in at No. 2
– At No. 3, Itzel Hernandez blanked Laura Lopez, 6-0, 6-0
– Takudzwa Mawisire bested Carla Bouygues, 6-1, 6-1, at No. 4
– At No. 5, Claire Machisa topped Morgan Forshag, 6-4, 6-0
– Ana Ocha rolled past Caraline Lamer, 6-0, 6-3
Grambling State returns to the court on Sunday with a match against McNeese State. First serve is set for 2 p.m.